A unique training opportunity in Brisbane for those who work with culturally diverse communities and clients with PTSD.
Communicating Across Cultures training session is for people who are engaged in the following situations:
- Professionals working with people from culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds.
- Service providers within human services sector.
- Team leaders who deal with team members from diverse cultural backgrounds.
- Medical professionals who provide services to a culturally diverse population.
- People who work in highly emotionally charged situations.
- People who work with refugees with traumatic experiences before arrival.
- People who are interested in understanding emotional intelligence in a simple language.
- How can we learn to communicate with people from diverse cultural orientations without judging them?
- How can we take stereotyping out of communication?
- What are the pitfalls and limitations of cross-cultural "training"?
- The courese will provide you with cutting edge information and practical tools for overcoming all communication barriers.
- Participatns will be empowered to take the stress out of communication. This means that they will develop abilities to deal with all unpredictable situations involving different cultures, religions and barriers.
Mind Your Thoughts training session is for people who experience the following issues:
- Carrying on work related stress and anxiety to the privacy of their home.
- Processing too much work related information at any given time.
- People who work with victims of abuse and violence with emotionally intense stories.
- People who experience certain crisis beyond their ability to control or moderate.
- People who suffer severe emotional trauma due to relationship breakdown.
- People who have a sleeping disorder due to remembering their day time work related challenges.
- People who want to learn practical tools for meditation.
- People who have lost the ability to control their thought patterns.
In this session, Dr. Farvardin Daliri OAM will discuss how we can learn to switch off the brain's emotional chain reactions and automatic responses and the following topics will be discussed:
- Learning how to consciously refocus the mind on pleasant thoughts after the intense pressure of dealing with emotionally charged situations
- How to have power over your involuntary thoughts
- How to become calm and prepare for sleep
- How to block day time traumas from re-engagin the mind and emotions
- How to enhance natural breathing to relax your mind
- How to gain hope and optimism in hopeless situations
- How to subdue unpleasant thoughts and emotions
Event format for Mind Your Thoughts: Stop Work related anxiety and stress
- Date and Time: Wednesday 12 June 2019, 6 - 8pm
- Registrations open from 5:30pm
- Open microphone for questions from 8pm - 8:30pm
- Light refreshments provided
For more information and to register, please follow the link below.
Dr. Farvardin Daliri OAM