You're invited to a day of free training workshops to help you identify the legal issues faced by your clients, and to better assist your clients through their experiences with the legal system.
Learn how to better support vulnerable clients experiencing issues with: debt, tenancy, criminal law, family violence, treatment authorities, Centrelink debt, the NDIS, or the immigration system.
The training day will be structured with general legal education sessions in the morning, and breakout workshops addressing specific client groups and legal needs in the afternoon:
General workshops, 9:30am - 2:05pm
- The law and homelessness
- How to help clients who can't pay their debts?
- Assisting clients with SPER debts
- Assisting clients involved in child protection matters
- Centrelink debts
- NDIS Decisions and Appeals
Elective session 1, 2:10 - 2:55pm (choose one)
- Supporting refugees through the immigration system
- Supporting clients through evictions
Elective session 2, 3:00 - 3:50pm (choose one)
- Young people, crime, and the police
- Legal responses to domestic and family violence
Elective session 3, 3:55 - 4:45pm (choose one)
- Legal options for victims of crime
- Supporting clients under treatment authorities
Please RSVP below to the sessions you feel will be most useful to you, and note that seating for some sessions will be limited.
These sessions will be delivered by presenters from the following organisations:
- Legal Aid Queensland
- Basic Rights Queensland
- The Refugee and Immigration Legal Service
- Tenants Queensland
Lunch and morning tea will be provided on the day. Please advise LawRight if you have any dietary considerations.
What are my transport/parking options for getting to and from the event?
As this event is taking place in the CBD, parking is extremely limited. Our office is located 200 metres from Central Station, and is well-serviced by busses.
How can I contact the organiser with any questions?
If you have any queries or concerns, feel free to contact the event organiser on firstname.lastname@example.org.