LawRight is still helping people in these changing times.
The best way to connect to us is by email. If you are an existing client, please email the service that has been helping you. If you are a new enquirer, email details are provided below.
Staff will not be answering phones but you can leave a message on some of our phones and we will try to call you back. This will not always be possible. Please note that some of our numbers have changed and the updated numbers of the relevant services are listed below.
Pro Bono Connect: 3738 7800
Self Representation Service: 3738 7800
Outreach Legal Clinics and referrals to community partner organisations: 3102 5311
Mental Health Law Practice: 3040 1662
Please see the LawRight Facebook page for further information regarding representation applications, assistance with civil law proceedings, homelessness, mental health concerns/if you have a matter in the Mental Health Review Tribunal, the Health Advocacy Legal clinics, or if you are a newly arrived Australian. https://www.facebook.com/LawRightQLD
LawRight (formerly, the Queensland Public Interest Law Clearing House Inc.) is a legal referral & service organisation.
The service refers civil law public interest cases that meet LawRight's guidelines to member firms & barristers for free legal assistance & the service manages the Queensland Law Society & Bar Association Pro Bono Schemes.
LawRight also provides direct civil law services through legal staff and volunteers in particular areas such as homelessness, refugees, self-representation, administrative law & mental health law.
PO Box 12217
George Street QLD 4003
- Community legal education
- Information and referral
- Legal advice
- Publications and self help materials
- Homeless persons
- Mental health
- Administrative Law Clinic
- Bar Pro Bono scheme
- Homeless Persons' Legal Clinic
- Intellectual Property and Technology Law Clinic
- Mental Health Law Practice
- Public Interest Referral Scheme
- Queensland Law Society Pro Bono Scheme
- Refugee Civil Law Clinic
- Self Representation Service (Court of Appeal)
- Self Representation Service (District and Supreme Court)
- Self Representation Service (Federal Court)
- Self Representation Service (QLD Civil & Administrative Tribunal - QCAT)
- Human rights
- Incorporated associations
- Mental health
- Pensions and allowances / Social security
Key service - legal advice and assistance