As a result of COVID-19 Stage 2 restrictions being implemented by the National Cabinet and the subsequent closure of Community Centres, MCL's face to face advice service has been temporarily suspended. Please note that the centre is working swiftly to arrange alternate ways for the community to access pro-bono services and ensure that community needs are met. The duty phone will remain operational under restricted hours (as listed below) for client enquiries. Please note that legal advice cannot be provided over the phone.
Duty phone: 0423 466 286
Duty phone hours: Tuesday: 9am-12pm, Wednesday: 11am-2pm, Thursday: 11am-4pm
Alternatively, please access the centre's website for updates on progress and to access the client enquiry form. Administration volunteers are doing their best to process each client enquiry and will be in contact to follow up.
My Community Legal Inc. (MCL) is an accredited Community Legal Centre and registered charity, assisting clients who cannot afford a lawyer, but who are not legally-aided.
MCL volunteer lawyers (assisted by students) provide free legal assistance in the following practice areas: family and domestic violence; consumer and debt; employment; tenancy; minor crime and traffic offences; micro business; and immigration law. No appointments are necessary. Intake for legal advice sessions is 5.30pm on Thursday.
Robina Community Centre
196 Robina Town Centre Drive
ROBINA QLD 4226
Turn off Robina Town Centre Drive at the small round-a-bout onto San Antonio Court. The Centre operates from the Robina Community Centre. This is the green and white building opposite the Robina public library.
PO Box 1310
SOUTHPORT QLD 4215
Full disability access including: disabled parking bays, disabled toilets and lift.
Surfside Bus Lines route 747, 748, 750, 751, 752, 755, 758, 759, 760, 765 and N750.
Queensland Rail Robina Station is located approximately 800 metres from Robina Town Centre.
Robina Town Centre has over 6,800 free car parking spaces available. There is car access from the Pacific Highway/M1 Motorway, Robina Parkway and Christine Avenue.
Robina Town Centre has a free shuttle bus service for tourists which operates on Thursdays.
5.30 pm Thursdays. No appointments are necessary.
No appointments are necessary, Prospective clients are encouraged to call to ensure lawyer availability for their circumstances of business.
Please have ready your name, name of other parties, and a brief description of the issue you need help with.
Intake 5.30 pm on Thursday evenings.
Closed on Public Holidays.
For telephone enquiries, please have ready your name, name of other parties, and a brief description of the issue you need help with.
- Information and referral
- Legal advice
- Drop in legal advice consultation
- Child contact and residency
- Child protection
- Child support
- Child/Spousal maintenance
- Consumer complaints
- Divorce and seperation
- DNA testing
- Domestic violence
- Drug offences
- Environment and planning
- Family violence
- Incorporated associations
- Motor vehicle offences
- Neighbourhood disputes
- Offences against persons
- Offences against property/other
- Pensions and allowances / Social security
- Public Nuisance
- Wills and estates
- Elder abuse
- Generalist service
- Financial exploitation
- Family law
- Personal injuries and workers compensation
The objects of the My Community Legal Inc. are:
- To facilitate the local legal profession provide pro bono publico services;
- To provide a free and accessible legal service;
- To provide referral to appropriate agencies;
- To promote holistic legal education of intending future legal practitioners; for the benefit of the Gold Coast Community.
Who the centre can and cannot service
MCL will give priority to clients who meet one or more of the following criteria:
- Are experiencing financial disadvantage;
- Are under 24 years of age;
- Are single parents;
- Are of Aboriginal or Torres Strait Islander descent;
- Have a mental or physical illness or disability;
- Are experiencing or at risk of homelessness;
- Experiencing or at risk of domestic violence, or have a concern about domestic violence in or around their home and or family;
- Are over 65 years of age;
- Are from a culturally or linguistically diverse background;
- Are living in a rural or remote area; or
- Who have a low level of education.
MCL will see clients not meeting these priority needs criteria, provided it has the capacity, and will not be denying service to those who do. RCLC is unable to assist clients who:
- Have the means to afford a lawyer;
- Are employers in employment disputes; or
- Landlords in tenancy disputes.
MCL provides limited advice to:
- Commercial concerns (limited to small businesses with minimal turnover and small profit margins (micro business)).
MCL is unable to assist with:
- Social security and taxation questions;
- Providing advice certificates; or
- Wills an estates planning.
Geographical area of service:
- Gold Coast and Northern Tweed.