Hub Community Legal (formerly The South West Brisbane Community Legal Centre) offers basic assistance & advice in a range of legal matters including: Family Law; Minor Civil; Motor vehicle accidents (property damage only); Wills & Enduring Powers of Attorney; Child Protection issues & Youth Criminal (including representation for under 18's).
The Centre is staffed on a full time basis. Services include legal advice, referral & community legal education.
Limited telephone advice is available, although an appointment is needed.
HUB Community Legal
Free and confidential legal advice appointments with qualified lawyers. We provide daytime and evening appointments at our Inala offices or with partner organisations. Our priority is to provide advice that educates and empowers people to solve their own legal problems. Areas of law on which we provide advice include: Family Law, family violence, child protection, powers of attorney, consumer disputes, credit & debt, traffic offences, car accidents, civil matters, problems between neighbours, employment, minor criminal law, discrimination, school and education exclusions, sexual harassment and human rights law. If we can’t help you, we will try to provide you with the details of someone who can.
We provide legal appointments in partnership with the following organisations:
- Beaucare, Beaudesert
- Mercy Family Services, Browns Plains
- Camira Springfield Community Centre
- Ipswich Housing and Support Services, Booval
- Goodna Neighbourhood House
- Logan Family Relationship Centre
- Ipswich Family Relationship Centre
- Queensland Foster and Kinship Care, Banyo.
- Brisbane Domestic Violence Service, West End
To find out more about our centre: Call (07) 3372 7677 or visit us online here.
In limited cases, we provide ongoing casework or representation in court. We also provide:
- duty lawyer services in domestic violence
- duty lawyer services in the child protection courts
- advocacy in the Mental Health Review Tribunal
- legal advice and advocacy for people under 18.
We have dedicated youth lawyers to provide free legal help to young people under 18. These lawyers can help with youth justice, criminal law, school exclusions, child protection and general youth advocacy. They also provide legal education for youth workers, community workers, and their organisations on issues affecting young people.
Shop 55A Inala Plaza, Kittyhawk Ave, Inala 4077
79 Poinsettia Street, Inala 4077 (coming soon)
PO Box 122
INALA QLD 4077
Monday to Thursday 9:00am - 4:00pm
Friday 9:00am - 1:00pm
Face to Face advice: By appointment on each of the above days.
Telephone advice: By appointment on each of the above days.
- Community legal education
- Information and referral
- Child protection
- Child contact and residency
- Child protection
- Child/Spousal maintenance
- Consumer complaints
- Divorce and seperation
- DNA testing
- Domestic violence
- Drug offences
- Family violence
- Incorporated associations
- Mental health
- Motor vehicle offences
- Neighbourhood disputes
- Offences against persons
- Offences against property/other
- Public Nuisance
- Wills and estates
- Booked appointments at the Centre and at outreach services at Goodna, Booval and Logan;
- Home visits to the disabled, frail or elderly by appointment.