Tenants Queensland (formerly Tenants' Union of Qld) is a state-wide community organisation that provides services for and represents the interests of residential tenants in Queensland. Tenants Queensland works to improve and protect the rights of all people who rent their home including tenants in private rental, public housing, community housing, caravan parks and boarding house tenants.
We assist residential tenants.
We do not assist lessors or real estate agents.
Tenants Qld is an independent community organisation and legal centre that provides services for and represents the interests of residential tenants in Queensland.
Our advice service has a high volume of callers, therefore clients may need to keep trying.
Statewide Office - Brisbane
Level 1, 87 Wickham Tce
SPRING HILL QLD 4000
The Tenants Qld statewide office is located in Brisbane.
Monday - Friday 9am - 5.00pm
Evening session: Until 7:00pm Tuesday & Wednesday
Tel: 1300 744 263 - Statewide (local call cost)
If you are outside Qld or cannot call 1300, phone (07) 3832 9403
TQ provides advice through its phone based service.
Complex tenancy law case can be referred by workers only through an internal referral process for assessment by TQ. Alternatively, tenants can be referred directly to the telephone advice service.
- Community legal education
- Information and referral
- Law reform
- Legal advice
- Publications and self help materials
- Booked appointments
- Information sessions
- Phone advice
Tenants Qld provides a number of services for residential tenants and tenant advocates including:
- state-wide phone advice service – a free tenancy advice, advocacy and support service for tenants. Tenants Qld, however, cannot assist tenants who are in dispute with other tenants;
- legal service – a specialist legal service that assists tenants with complex tenancy matters and undertakes test cases. Referral is through the phone advice service;
- community education – Tenants Qld distributes a range of tenancy information publications including fact sheets, translated information and information for indigenous tenants. These publications are also available at www.tuq.org.au.
- tenancy law training - Tenants Qld provides accredited and non-accredited training in tenancy law for tenants, community workers and tenant advocates.