Community Legal Centres Queensland believes that all unfair forms of discrimination are unacceptable and that all individuals are entitled to equal rights and treatment.
Community Legal Centres Queensland supports such international anti-discrimination instruments as the United Nations Convention on the Elimination of All Forms Racial Discrimination, the United Nations Convention on the Elimination of All Forms of Discrimination against Women, as well as other documents which endorse equality of rights and outcomes.
Community Legal Centres Queensland advocates
- the implementation and enforcement of strong and explicit human rights standards, ultimately through a Charter of Rights;
- Community education supported by the State Government aimed at reducing the occurrence of discrimination.
- The endorsement of a perspective of anti-discrimination, of striving for equal protection and equal rights, respecting the dignity and worth of all our citizens.
- Support of the consolidation and expansion of the existing Federal anti-discrimination legislation into a single Equality Act.
- for adequate funding so that aggrieved persons can obtain legal advice and representation to seek redress through existing Complaints systems
- support for a strong law reform agenda to increase protection of human rights
Listed below are a range of research papers, submissions, news articles and items of interest that provide additional information on this subject area.