Queensland Advocacy Incorporated - Paralegal
The paralegal is to provide administrative support primarily to the lawyers who represent at the Mental Health Review Tribunal in matters referred through Legal Aid Queensland. This will include entry into the client management database, management of the solicitors’ calendars including scheduling of advice appointments and Tribunal hearings, management of email referrals from Legal Aid Queensland and the Mental Health Review Tribunal, preparation of files, drafting of correspondence and client contact to gather information, taking initial instructions, and providing information and referrals. The paralegal may also be asked to support the work of other staff of QAI. While the paralegal will work under close supervision and guidance, they are also expected to be able to work independently and take initiative.
To find out more download the position description below.
Junkuri Laka Inc - Solicitor / Chief Executive Officer
Junkuri Laka Inc is a local charitable organization on Mornington Island. Due to the retirement of our Chief Executive Officer, Junkuri Laka is seeking a highly committed individual with affinity to working in a remote indigenous community and with the broad and deep qualifications and experience required for this unique position. The successful candidate will be an aspirational leader and motivator, and ready to take on the crucial responsibilities that Junkuri Laka has for its community.
To find out more, please read the attached document below. Applications close 19 March 2020.
North Queensland Women's Legal Service - Family Lawyer
North Queensland Women's Legal Service is looking for a Family Lawyer for their Cairns office. Skills required include:
- Post admission experience in family law and domestic violence
- An understanding of the dynamics of domestic violence and its impacts on women
- Excellent communication skills
- A high level of knowledge of referrals both legal and non-legal that are appropriate for women who have experienced domestic violence
- A commitment to social justice and working with vulnerable clients
- Excellent organisational, time management and file management skills
- Knowledge of and ability to work within a trauma-informed practice model.
To find out more, download the position description below.